DOOR TO DOOR TRANSPORTATION SERVICE VIA THE NEWARK SENIOR CENTER BUS
Thousands of bus trips have transported our members to the Center. Without the Senior Center bus many people would be sitting at home, lonely, with nobody to talk to. Many older people live with their children who are at work all day. Others can no longer drive and depend on the Center’s bus to get them out of the house. The bus also takes people shopping on Friday mornings. It is a lifeline for some to the outside world.
Please thoroughly read the following information about the NSC TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM…
- Individuals must be a member of the Newark Senior Center to ride the Center bus.
- Members need to register for a bus ride by 2pm the day before. Rides for Mondays must be scheduled by 2pm the Friday before. No exceptions will be made. Voicemails and emails are not accepted as registration. You must pay at the time of registration in person at the Reception Desk, over the phone or online.
- Bus tickets are no longer accepted. The cost is $2 per day and is paid at the time of registration. Reservations can be made for up to 2 weeks at a time, as space allows.
- Bus Service is available 5 days a week. As well as trips to local shopping centers on Fridays leaving from the NSC.
- The bus leaves the Center at approximately 8:00am to begin pick ups. Please be ready to leave your residence by 8am. We cannot give out specific pick up times for each rider because the list of riders changes each day. Once you have ridden the bus a few times you will be able to get a general idea of your pick up time.
- The bus departs from the Center at 2:00pm.
- All passengers MUST wear a mask while on the bus.
PLEASE REFER TO THE BUS SERVICE AREA MAP BELOW TO SEE IF YOUR RESIDENCE IS WITHIN OUR SERVICE BOUNDARIES. If you have any questions about our service area please call Carla Grygiel at (302) 737-2336 ext. 115.