60+ MINOR HOME REPAIR & WEATHERIZATION PROGRAM for City of Newark Residents
The Newark Senior Center works with the Community Services Corporation to assist homeowners who are age 60+, living in the City of Newark by providing FREE home repairs.
Projects could include:
- Installing, repairing, or replacing doors, windows, screens, gutters, shingles or other roofing
- Outlets & light switches
- Hand & stair railings & grab bars
- Minor plumbing repairs: faucets, toilets, hand held shower heads, & raised toilet seats
- Building ramps & widening doorways
- Weather stripping, caulking, air seals & insulation
City of Newark Resident, age 60+, homeowner, household income not to exceed $40,000 – most retirees are eligible
For more information & application, please contact Anika Turner, Newark Senior Center 302-737-2336 ext 112.
If you pay electric utilities to Delmarva Power you can contact the County Home Repair Program at (302) 395-5698.
PERMITS AND CONTRACTORS: If you contemplating any renovation work in your home, please contact the City of Newark or New Castle County (or other local government) to ask if your project requires a permit. Please contact the City of Newark at (302) 366-7000 or Joe Day at New Castle County at (302) 395-5519 for information.
For more information about The Architectural Accessibility Program please contact the New Castle County Department of Community Services at (302) 395-5648.